The Latest from The Lady
- New Fundraising Tactic: Cursing For Clay
- #DM7 Article: Glenn Reynolds’s Good Advice To GOP
- Occupy Monday GA – Chant-tastic!
- Onslow County GOP Calls For Resignation Of NC State Superintendent
- NC Supreme Court Races: Chief Justice Race Updates
- Atkinson Accuses Common Core Opposition Of “Bearing False Witness”
- NC Supreme Court Races: Chief Justice Race Part 2
- Town Hall Or Campaign Event?
- SCPS Newbie Policy Wonk’s Common Core Whiff
- Paging Senator Tom Udall…Grass Roots Calling
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: Obamacare
This is a reposting of my most recent Magnificent 7 article at Da Tech Guy Blog:
#Obamacare Coverage: “Play the game” (aka lie)
By A.P. Dillon
My fellow Magnificent 7 writer, Linda Szugyi, started the week at Da Tech Guy with an article called Peas in a pod which briefly talked about how spam filters have saved all of our inboxes from blowing up and then moved into one that didn’t get caught in the spam filter: An Obamacare advertisement.
The Peas in a pod article goes on to talk about how the ad is a scam and well, so is Obamacare. This is the perfect segue for my article today, which is about yet another Obamacare scam problem. That problem is job changes, tax implications and how Obamacare and the IRS handle that. Or rather, how the IRS and Obamacare don’t handle it. Continue reading
My weekly column is up at Da Tech Guy blog. This is a reposting of Procrustes in America.
By A.P. Dillon
Have you heard of the Greek myth of Procrustes? As the myth goes, Procrustes was a bandit and a metal smith from Attica and was also the son of Poseidon. His claim to fame was that he would attack people and force them to fit an iron bed. Procrustes would do so by either stretching their bodies out or cutting off limbs to make the person fit.
Procrustes is alive and well in the United States of America. Continue reading
We have top notch, accountable representation in North Carolina. Just look at this dodge and weave by Kay Hagan… Continue reading
On the heels of the revelation that Senator Mark Udall of Colorado pressured the Colorado Division of insurance to ‘revise’ their Obamacare enrollment numbers, the National Republican Senatorial Committee has announced it will FOIA similar agencies in different states, including North Carolina. From a newsletter from the NRSC via email, here is the relevant portion: Continue reading