Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
The Latest from The Lady
- Surreal Moment: Claude Pope and Clay Aiken At Same Event
- Chamber Watch: Dayton Area Chamber Of Commerce
- CMS Received 200k From Gates For “Strategic Plan”
- Gov McCrory Signs NC Up For “Workforce Academy”
- NC Governor McCrory Unveils Operation Rebrand For Common Core (Video)
- N&O Op-Ed Skips Mention Of “Strategic Plan” Cost
- 2ndVote App Rolls Out Education Issues Topic – Common Core Included
- #DM7 Article: Back To School – At Home and Opting Out
- NC Parents Slaps Down Absurd News and Observer Homeschooling Article
- Back To School And Student Data Privacy
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: NAACP
In Chicago, a smaller ALEC protest at the Palmer House Hilton that took place on the 5th was ramped up into a full-on Occupy style event on the 8th. Both sets of protests ended with a handful of arrests, but the more recent event that took place on the 8th included scuffles with police.
These protests have ties to Raleigh’s Moral Monday and Democrat activists in the area. Continue reading
In the weeks following the George Zimmerman trial, a rather shameful comparison has arisen. The comparison being made is that of Emmett Till to Trayvon Martin. This is positively disgusting and serves no other purpose than the fuel racial tensions. Continue reading
At the last “Moral Monday” in Raleigh, Reverend Barber returned to his favorite card in the deck and gave a speech about Trayvon Martin. In the press release that accompanied the video, the NC NAACP boasted:
Less than 48 hours after the verdict in the murder of Trayvon Martin, Rev. Dr. William J. Barber, II flew back to NC from the National NAACP Convention to deliver a personal and passionate message to the Moral Monday 11 gathering at the NC General Assembly.
Yes, he dashed back to take advantage of this tragedy to score political points. Not something I would have bragged about. If that introduction wasn’t bad enough, the speech itself was far worse. Barber describes in his speech about what happened to Martin was a “lynching” and compares the verdict to Emmett Till in 1955:
Fourteen-year-old Emmett Till was visiting relatives in Money, Mississippi on August 24, 1955 when he reportedly flirted with a white cashier at a grocery store. Four days later, two white men kidnapped Till, beat him, and shot him in the head. The men were tried for murder, but an all-white, male jury acquitted them. Till’s murder and open casket funeral galvanized the emerging civil rights movement.
How repugnant is this comparison, not to mention irresponsibly misleading?
This is the face of “Moral Monday”?
Here’s the video: