Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- Education Group Survey Appears On Wake School Sites
- NC #APUSH Update: State Board of Ed Calls Special Meeting
- NCDPI Making Changes To Common Core Documents
- Now Moral Monday Is About Ferguson
- NM US Senate Race: Closer Than You Think
- Here Comes The Common Core Curriculum
- #DM7 Article: There’s A Lot Of Weapons Grade Stupid Out There
- Jeb Bush Wants Opposition to Can It, Be More Like China.
- See What ‘Just standards’ Looks Like for A Second Grader
- So, Who Showed Up To Excellence In Ed’s Annual Event?
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: Missouri Education Watchdog
Common Core is not ‘just a set of standards’. That statement is one of the bigger lies perpetrated by the supporters of the Core. The ultimate goal is to align everything from materials to books, apps to tests and yes, the means of entry into the workforce.
Common Core, arguably, is lends itself to reinforcing the ‘cradle to grave’ tracking and funneling of your child and their potential. As I was thinking about writing this article, I couldn’t help but make a comparison of what is happening with this kind of tracking and a book I’ve recently read, Divergent. Kids are placed in one of five given classes of society based on what a test tells them is their best match. If your text doesn’t given conclusive results, you’re considered Divergent.
Are our children currently being funneled into one career or another based on often poorly designed tests? We have multiple tests for kids across multiple grades, multiple entry tests for colleges as well. How long until it’s pared down to just a few tests? Tests aimed at becoming some kind of workforce sorting mechanism are not a thing of the future. They’re here now. Those of us standing up and pointing it out? Are we Divergent?
The following article is going to get a bit involved. There is an article I am going to refer back to. It is essential one reads and comprehends this article before reading what I have to add to it. Please read Missouri Education Watchdog’s Public Education as Workforce Training. Is WorkKeys in Your State. Continue reading
This morning, I spotted the news that Facebook was blocking a specific article by Sandra Stotsky. The article is up on Breitbart.com and appears to be blocked based on it’s content by Facebook. I was able to post a different story to Facebook from Breitbart with NO problem.
Gee, that would mean that a group of folks reported the link as dangerous and Facebook locked it down. Yes, I concur with the title of Missouri Education Watchdog’s article on this turn of events: We must be winning if this is what proponents are resorting to.
Missouri Education Watchdog sounded off:
See this notice? Plans to eliminate common core and adopt common core standards are detected to be “unsafe” by Facebook security standards.
Dr. Sandra Stotsky refused to sign off on the ELA Common Core Standards. She published a plan (in Breitbart) for school districts to stop CCSS implementation in their districts. When folks tried to share it on Facebook, the above notice appeared.
Here is the plan published in Local School Districts Should Eliminate Common Core and Adopt Stronger Standards:
To my readers, here is your mission: FIGHT BACK.
1. Attempt to post this link to your page: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/05/25/Local-School-Districts-Should-Eliminate-Common-Core-And-Adopt-Stronger-Standards
2. The pop-up you see in the MO Ed Watchdog article will come up.
3. Click the link at the bottom that says “let us know”.
4. Give Facebook a piece of your mind. Continue reading