Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- Wake Commissioner Candidate Can’t Pay Taxes On Time?
- More Proof Common Core Is Not ‘Just a Set of Standards’
- Common Core Aligned: Benchmark Education Company
- Sign Shenanigans in Iredell Over Bond Vote
- Breaking: Campaign Officials In NC Encourage Illegals To Vote (VIDEO)
- Wake BOC Candidate John Burns Mocks Travel Ban
- WCSB Member Zora Felton Wants To Dig Into Your Kid’s Religion?
- NC DPI Gave Media Outlet Private Charter School Information
- #NC50 House Race: Chaney vs Meyer
- Wake Commissioner Candidate Slammed On Education, UNC Report
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: guns
Mostly peaceful except when trying to get cops to kill you. Did you see this story on the national news back in December 2011? Nope. No images of an occupier waving a gun around a public area whatsoever. If the guy had been a Tea Party member you would have though.
The video is a bit disturbing, but a testament to the efficiency of our police officers:[youtube=http://youtu.be/m2SucKPgzCs]
From the Houston Chronicle:
Joshua Anthony Twohig, the 21-year-old Houston man who was shot by police after shooting into the air at a downtown Occupy Houston rally last month, was trying to commit suicide by cop, his attorney said Friday.
“He was out there all by himself,” George Parnham said after Twohig was arraigned. “And, quite frankly, tried to commit suicide by cop and was almost successful.”
State District Judge Maria Jackson arraigned Twohig on one charge of aggravated assault on a public servant. The first-degree felony carries a maximum punishment of life in prison. He remains in the Harris County jail in lieu of $100,000 bail.
Twohig survived being shot twice by police Nov. 21 after opening fire at Tranquility Park with a .40-caliber rifle.
Twohig, who was not associated with the Occupy Houston movement, went to the park about 5:00 p.m. in a black suit, authorities said.
Witnesses said Twohig shouted, “Shoot me, shoot me” to HPD officers who arrived at the scene. A video captured by a witness shows Twohig holding the rifle to his head.
Related: Wife says Occupy Houston gunman needs help Continue reading