Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- Durham Police Action Report: Protesters Assaulted Police, Tried to Set Fire
- At Wake School Board Meeting, Sutton Compares Himself To Eric Garner (Video)
- Fitzsimon Beclowns Himself On #NCSPIN Over #APUSH
- More Protesters Laying Down In The Road In Durham
- Wake Cty Schools And The Funds
- #DM7 Article: The Death of Lennon Lacy
- The Common Core Weekend Reads – 12-14-14
- FL Teachers Union Takes Hit Over School Choice
- A Tweet About NC’s Civics and Economics
- The Wunderlich Family’s Homeschool Fight (Video)
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: Common Core
The pro-Common Core Mantra: “It’s just a set of standards.”
See what my child has been doing in Common Core math. My kid is good at math, but is being forced to learn multiple strategies regardless of what works best for him. Then he has to ‘explain’ them in writing.
These documents I’m talking about were created by Wake County Schools. This is Common Core aligned curriculum and yes, the kids have to do it the ‘Common Core way’.
KEEP READING – SEE THE DOCUMENTS Continue reading
This is a repost of my weekly Da Tech Guy Column: GOP Wave And Common Cor Continue reading
CCSSO President Elect and NC Superintendent doth protest too much.
It seems she believes that our kids education should be personalized standardized .
Just like clothes. Wait, what??
KEEP READING – SEE THE TWEETS. Continue reading
Dear Republicans recently elected and those who were re-elected,
Do your job. Kill Common Core.
You effectively own this fundamentally flawed experimental and deceitful mess, now you need to clean it up.
Republican Governors, who are part of the National Governors Association and are part owners of the copyrighted Common Core, I’m talking to YOU. Common Core lost at the ballot box last week. To borrow from Engvall, ‘THERE’S YOUR SIGN!’
To our representatives and senators in Congress – stop all the hemming and hawing.
KEEP READING… THERE’S MORE… Continue reading