Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- About That ‘Twitter Debate Study’ WaPo And Twitchy Cite
- Video: Parents In FL Shut Down When They Criticize Curriculum
- REMINDER: Public Comment Deadline on APUSH is Feb. 28
- Rep. Foxx Is Dead Wrong on H.R. 5 (Update: So Is The Blaze)
- Common Core Supporters Come Full Circle on ‘Politicizing’ Talking Point
- Sen. Tillman Was For Vouchers Before He Was Against Them?
- SAS’s “Wake Ed Partnership” Rebrands (UPDATED)
- Times News: ABSS superintendent among state’s highest paid
- Pearson Is Everywhere: Digging ‘Free’ Community College
- North Carolina’s SBAC ‘Status’ Change
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: Common Core
Another teacher has resigned over the Common Core testing.
This time it’s the winner of the top teacher award given out by the Live With Kelly And Michael show. This time the teacher is from Ohio.
“Gasps of disbelief” accompanied her announcement.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
Last year, I called attention to a group called the NC Superintendent Large District Consortium and their intention to call for a seven-year lock in of Common Core in the state.
I’ve kept tabs and have questions about who is driving education policy in the state of North Carolina.
I placed a Freedom of Information Act request last September and have just recently received the information back from Wake County Public Schools. I requested emails that had “NC Superintendent Large District Consortium” and “Common Core” in the subject or body of the emails.
KEEP READING — SEE THE DOCUMENTS Continue reading
NCSPIN Upside DownThe video of the last NC Spin of the year has been posted.
Part truthiness and part chuckle-worthy.
Don’t be drinking anything when you watch Fitzsimon desperately try to salvage the Moral Monday voter theme. http://t.co/TwUtoYLGIe #ncpol
— LL1885 – A.P. Dillon (@LadyLiberty1885) December 27, 2014
BE KIND, HIT THE TIP JAR! Continue reading
The pro-Common Core Mantra: “It’s just a set of standards.”
See what my child has been doing in Common Core math. My kid is good at math, but is being forced to learn multiple strategies regardless of what works best for him. Then he has to ‘explain’ them in writing.
These documents I’m talking about were created by Wake County Schools. This is Common Core aligned curriculum and yes, the kids have to do it the ‘Common Core way’.
KEEP READING – SEE THE DOCUMENTS Continue reading