Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- #NC Parents, Have You Given Your Common Core Feedback?
- Is The CCSSO President Violating NC Statute 138A?
- David vs Goliath In #NCed
- #SB534: Study Student Online Data Privacy
- #DM7 Article: What does your higher education dollar buy these days?
- #NCGA Bill Would Change Legislator Terms, Elections
- The Common Core Weekend Reads – 3-29-15
- GUEST POST: Phoolish Pharma Phunded Phaux Health Crisis Leads to Phascism
- How Does Rep. Craig Horn Define Proficiency and Rigor?
- Pearson Is Everywhere: Who Writes These Tests, Anyhow?
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: Common Core
To date, no local media reports on the Common Core standards or the debate in North Carolina surrounding the standards have bothered to mention that NC’s Superintendent is also the President of the CCSSO. This is a clear conflict of interest, yet not a word has been said about it in the press.
Atkinson, as President of the CCSSO, just gave the “State of the States” address…. Continue reading
In case you missed it, Mission: Readiness and North Carolina military leaders are back out pushing Common Core again.
Excerpt from the FayObserver:
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
These are the Common Core Weekend Reads for March 22, 2015.
This is a review of the past week of news on Common Core nationwide and in North Carolina.
Articles are organized by category.
Prior Edition of Weekend Reads: 3-15-15
KEEP READING – VIDEO, QUOTES, PROTESTS, TESTING, TWEETS…. Continue reading
Local media reported that testimony given by former Common Core Validation committee members before the NC Common Core Academic Standards Review Commission indicated that a ‘total rewrite’ was necessary.
As I noted earlier this week, that’s not quite what was said — you can’t simply ‘re-write’ the Common Core. To reinforce what was actually said, I’ve put together a clip from video taken at the meeting.
KEEP READING… SEE THE VIDEO CLIP Continue reading