Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- Durham Police Action Report: Protesters Assaulted Police, Tried to Set Fire
- At Wake School Board Meeting, Sutton Compares Himself To Eric Garner (Video)
- Fitzsimon Beclowns Himself On #NCSPIN Over #APUSH
- More Protesters Laying Down In The Road In Durham
- Wake Cty Schools And The Funds
- #DM7 Article: The Death of Lennon Lacy
- The Common Core Weekend Reads – 12-14-14
- FL Teachers Union Takes Hit Over School Choice
- A Tweet About NC’s Civics and Economics
- The Wunderlich Family’s Homeschool Fight (Video)
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: Burma
Instead of handling the Fiscal Cliff or overseeing the FEMA’s slow movements in assisting hurricane Sandy victims, President Obama took off for Southeast Asia. There, he gave this speech in Burma; he prefers the military related name of Myanmar. I encourage you to read the whole thing, however don’t be drinking anything when you do because you will surely choke.
Here is the excerpt I wish to share, via History Musings:
And this truth leads me to the third freedom that I want to discuss: the freedom to worship — the freedom to worship as you please, and your right to basic human dignity.
This country, like my own country, is blessed with diversity. Not everybody looks the same. Not everybody comes from the same region. Not everybody worships in the same way. In your cities and towns, there are pagodas and temples, and mosques and churches standing side by side. Well over a hundred ethnic groups have been a part of your story. Yet within these borders, we’ve seen some of the world’s longest running insurgencies, which have cost countless lives, and torn families and communities apart, and stood in the way of development.
Freedom to worship as you please.
Tell that to Hobby Lobby, Mr. President. Tell that to the Catholic church. Tell that to the rest of the tax payers who will now be forced to fund abortion, contraception and the morning after pill and who are seeing their premiums soar.
Human Rights Watch: Burma
Business owners battle Obamacare for Religious Freedom Continue reading