Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- Politicking In Buncombe County Schools
- WNCN Fails To Mention “Who More With Four” Side With
- The CCSSO, UNC, NC And India
- NC Common Core Commission Should Bring In Stotsky, Milgram
- ‘Our Schools First’ Jumps The Shark With Halloween Handouts
- News and Observer Interview of #NC49 Candidate Leaves Out Arrest Record
- Campaign Signs In #NC16 Swiped
- ‘Our Schools First’ Mailers Feature Kids With Bond Vote Signs
- You Know It’s Election Season When Campaign Signs Are Swiped
- 10-20-14 NC Common Core Commission Meeting
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: Burma
Instead of handling the Fiscal Cliff or overseeing the FEMA’s slow movements in assisting hurricane Sandy victims, President Obama took off for Southeast Asia. There, he gave this speech in Burma; he prefers the military related name of Myanmar. I encourage you to read the whole thing, however don’t be drinking anything when you do because you will surely choke.
Here is the excerpt I wish to share, via History Musings:
And this truth leads me to the third freedom that I want to discuss: the freedom to worship — the freedom to worship as you please, and your right to basic human dignity.
This country, like my own country, is blessed with diversity. Not everybody looks the same. Not everybody comes from the same region. Not everybody worships in the same way. In your cities and towns, there are pagodas and temples, and mosques and churches standing side by side. Well over a hundred ethnic groups have been a part of your story. Yet within these borders, we’ve seen some of the world’s longest running insurgencies, which have cost countless lives, and torn families and communities apart, and stood in the way of development.
Freedom to worship as you please.
Tell that to Hobby Lobby, Mr. President. Tell that to the Catholic church. Tell that to the rest of the tax payers who will now be forced to fund abortion, contraception and the morning after pill and who are seeing their premiums soar.
Human Rights Watch: Burma
Business owners battle Obamacare for Religious Freedom Continue reading