The Latest from The Lady
- SCPS Newbie Policy Wonk’s Common Core Whiff
- Paging Senator Tom Udall…Grass Roots Calling
- NC Supreme Court Races: Chief Justice Race
- Large District Superintendent’s Clique’s Letter to Pearson
- Occupy Monday – Tennessee Edition
- The NC Supreme Court Races
- Common Core Conflicts Of Interest from Massachusetts to NC
- Carville Wants Jeb To Be GOP Nominee?
- #DM7 Article: Biden On The Loose: Voter Expansion Project
- Why Does Buncombe School Board Hate Kids?
Past Musings from The Lady
Tag Archives: al franken
The Weekly Standard has a piece up right now about Franken and his attempt to out pro-gun his opponent, Norm Coleman, in 2008. The article has the following video:[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xGeeDixfy2Q]
“Look, I support the Second Amendment. I don’t think we’re any different on this,” Franken said, looking at his Republican opponent. “I support peoples right to collect guns, to use guns for protection, to hunt–I don’t think there’s any difference whatsoever between us!”
Franken gives me the creeps in general. Even more so in this clip when he asks, ‘do you really think I want to take people’s guns away?” He is lying like a rug, but he’s twice as thick and it shows. The answer is: “Why yes, Al. We do”. Coleman should have said it to his face. A lot of people wonder about Franken in his gun flip flop, so much so in fact, the press even asked Jay Carney about it today.
So, Minnesotans reading this. Check out my post on the 2014 Senate race and figure out how you’re going to kick Stuart Smalley out of office.
Image courtesy of Moon Nuker, Frank Flemming at imao.us
Inside Air America: Al Franken’s lying lies
Say What? : Biden On The Loose Edition (scroll midway down for an Al Franken rundown) Continue reading
It’s been a banner month for Vice President Joe Biden and his mouth. When Obama picked him as his running mate, I was sure it was to keep him reined in. Perhaps that was the intent, but it has not quite worked out that way — he’s the gift that keeps on giving. Bring on WTF 2012! Continue reading