Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- David vs Goliath In #NCed
- #SB534: Study Student Online Data Privacy
- #DM7 Article: What does your higher education dollar buy these days?
- #NCGA Bill Would Change Legislator Terms, Elections
- The Common Core Weekend Reads – 3-29-15
- GUEST POST: Phoolish Pharma Phunded Phaux Health Crisis Leads to Phascism
- How Does Rep. Craig Horn Define Proficiency and Rigor?
- Pearson Is Everywhere: Who Writes These Tests, Anyhow?
- #NCGA Bill Proposing Sales Tax Changes Sounds Like Obama’s “Fair Share”
- #SB480 Would Block Politicking In Schools. NCAE and Progress NC’s ‘AimHigher’ Hardest Hit?
Past Musings from The Lady
Category Archives: Shutuppery
One new Wake County Commissioner appears to have a temper. The other claimed she would represent and work with all Wake citizens.
How quickly those claims fell flat:
KEEP READING… Continue reading
Free speech in Jeb Bush’s faux educational utopia, Florida.
Zero Hedge has an article that includes video of parents speaking out at a Naples, Florida schoolboard workshop being shut down by the school board as they spoke out against curriculum and textbooks.
KEEP READING – SEE THE VIDEO Continue reading
Today, the PR firm, EducationNC, has an article by Public Schools Forum NC’s Keith Poston.
It is a rather long post, littered with inflammatory rhetoric aimed at Common Core opposition. The entire piece is based on the false assumption Common Core are higher standards.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
Ohio Governor John Kasich was recently in South Carolina. Kasich talked about all kinds of hot button issues — immigration, budget, Islamic state, gun rights.
The one topic he tried to dodge is the one thing that is going to characterize his visit: Common Core.
“That is not something that Barack Obama is putting together. … It’s local school boards developing local curriculum to meet higher standards. I cannot figure out what’s wrong with that. …
KEEP READING… THERE’S MORE TO THAT QUOTE. Continue reading
“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.”
-Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals
After reading the latest diatribe, One Size Fits Most, Even in the Suburbs, from Michael Petrilli, I have a feeling the quote above is on a plaque on his desk. In a nutshell, he now has pulled ‘liberal’ and ‘likely atheist’ suburban moms into the insult fold.
Following Alinsky still, in that article Petrilli is trying to “pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it”. Well, he’s doing it wrong.
Your target has to be specific. Mr. Petrilli is just flailing wildly at any parent he can hit with his mud. In most cases, Alinsky is right and ridicule is a potent weapon.
Moms are not ‘most cases’.