Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
The Latest from The Lady
- NC Budget Deal, Occupy Monday and Hagan
- Common Core Architect Coleman’s Apoloattack
- Advancing NH’s Public Education And Dishonesty
- Guest Post: A Common Core Dear John Letter
- The Army Of Davids Fighting Common Core
- Hypocrite Hagan’s Claim Boomerangs
- Common Core Supporters Shift Talking Point
- Common Core Aligned: Edulastic
- Video Stalker American Bridge Hits NC Candidate
- ICYMI: Common Core, We Will Not Conform On Pete Kaliner Show (Audio)
Past Musings from The Lady
Category Archives: Racial Justice
Equity my any means necessary.
I had to see this one to believe it. Below is a portion of the Carboro High mission statement. Emphasis added.
Carroboro High School Core Belief
Vision for Equity and Excellence: Continue reading
Everyone’s been paying attention to the annual “White Privilege” conference in Madison, Wisconsin. They’re also focused on Dr. Pook – the Common Core Standards contributor who claimed his reason for working on the standards was his “White Privilege”.
Well, a weekend ago (May 16-17), Lawrence University held their own “White Privilege Symposium”. Lawrence University is also in Wisconsin. Who knew the Cheese state was so racially obsessed? Just in case you were wondering, this is indeed 2014…
Via Facebook: Continue reading
This is a reposting of my weekly DaTechGuy Article: The Common Core and White Privilege.
By A.P. Dillon
This is a look at the ‘experts’ behind Common Core. First, let’s recap the tactics used by the proponents to silence the opposition to the standards.
Common Core Shutuppery
So, to date, Common Core opposition have been called stupid, sad, misguided, liars, racists, conspiracy theory nuts and more for opposing the fundamentally flawed and experimental standards. Opposition has been mocked by the same people promoting Common Core and parents have been arrested for speaking out at forums and school board meetings. I’ve chronicled some of this here already in The New Tone Of Common Core, but more has transpired since then. Continue reading