Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- Pearson Is Everywhere: Dumped By LA School District
- WRAL Finally Includes The “Who” Behind The Fast Food Protests
- Pearson Is Everywhere: Pearson and Gates Edition
- NC Academic Freedom Alliance Event – April 18th
- #DM7 Article: GOP Primary Challengers Rise In NC
- The Common Core Weekend Reads – 4-12-15
- Al ‘Resist We Much’ Sharpton Lends Us His Extensive Academic Experience On Common Core Tests
- Does Progress NC Have A Problem With Latinos? (Updates)
- Shocker: Two Pro-Core Groups Now Pushing AGAINST Rewrite Of NCLB
- Former NCAE General Counsel Thinks #SB480 Is Unfair
Past Musings from The Lady
Category Archives: Racial Justice
Recently a sighting of a ‘noose on a tree’ outside the student union was reported by ‘a student’ at Duke University.
The report from this student came at 2 am on April Fools Day. What was this ‘student’ doing at the student union at 2 am?
I located the original tweet made by one Justin Elliott – the time stamp says “1:58 AM – 1 Apr 2015″:
KEEP READING… Continue reading
News and Observer Ed blog has an article up quoting Wake County Board member, Jim Martin, on the alleged ‘school to prison pipeline’. The article cites the group “Education Justice Alliance” as taking exception to Martin’s comments.
There’s a punchline to Martin’s comments and the subsequent dismay by the Education Justice Alliance. He and the Wake School Board invited this ‘school to prison pipeline’ of attack in. Keep reading, you’ll see why.
Another round of protests at Streets at Southpoint in Durham this past Tuesday according to WNCN:
“at 8:45 p.m., Twitter user @ExodusReign tweeted, “How we dodged the police tonight was brilliant #ShutItDown #durham”
Dodging police? I thought their beef was with police.
#durham #BlackLivesMatter protesters started at American Tobacco Campus around 7…but then headed to Southpoint.
— Derick Waller WNCN (@derickwallerTV) December 24, 2014
This is the kind of dumb that went on and got dumber as it was tweeted:
KEEP READING… IT GETS DUMBER.
Daily Haymaker is gonna love this article.
Teachers on Twitter have been using the hashtags #FergusonSyllabus and #FergusonResources. This compilation appears to have been started months ago by “@dankrutka”; most recently passed around in November.
White Privilege, Ferguson Vs. Boston Tea Party… and more liberal echo chamber narratives. KEEP READING… Continue reading