The Latest from The Lady
- #DM7 Article: It Begins: Common Core Syndrome
- DPI’s Atkinson Unleashes Fear Mongering Rhetoric On Vouchers
- SHOCKER: Volunteer Arrestee Found Guilty
- Romeike Family Asylum Update – SCOTUS Orders DOJ To Respond
- #DM7 Week 2: The New Tone Of Common Core
- New Indictment Against James E. Dutschke for Second Frame Attempt
- It’s That Time Of Year Again – Annual Blog Vay-Cay!
- He Who Controls The Data, Controls The People?
- Mayor of Crazy Town Updates: You know what’s gonna happen…
- Albuquerque: A City’s Historic Vote on a 20 Week Late Term Abortion Ban
Past Musings from The Lady
Category Archives: NC Politics
I’m technically in a blog break, but some things are just too incredible not to write about.
Case in point, NC Superintendent June Atkinson’s recent remarks about vouchers. The partisan rhetoric and over the top, fear mongering language are just stunning. Emphasis below is mine.
WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – North Carolina Superintendent of Public Instruction June Atkinson offered a pointed critique of the state’s new voucher law during a stop in Wilmington Thursday.
“With the voucher legislation that we have we could be in dangerous territory as far as taxpayers’ dollars going to private schools,” she said prior to speaking to the N.C. School Boards Association’s Public Policy Conference. “There is nothing in the legislation that would prevent someone from establishing a school of terror.” Continue reading
The Town of Apex has elected Moral Monday protester and NC Justice Center Employee Nicole Dozier to one of its town council positions. If you live in the area, you might have seen her purple campaign signs along the roadside. Purple being the color of a non-partisan middle ground between Republican Red and Democrat Blue. Ms. Dozier is a registered Democrat and is anything but ‘non-partisan’ as I pointed out in October: Continue reading