The Latest from The Lady
- SCPS Newbie Policy Wonk’s Common Core Whiff
- Paging Senator Tom Udall…Grass Roots Calling
- NC Supreme Court Races: Chief Justice Race
- Large District Superintendent’s Clique’s Letter to Pearson
- Occupy Monday – Tennessee Edition
- The NC Supreme Court Races
- Common Core Conflicts Of Interest from Massachusetts to NC
- Carville Wants Jeb To Be GOP Nominee?
- #DM7 Article: Biden On The Loose: Voter Expansion Project
- Why Does Buncombe School Board Hate Kids?
Past Musings from The Lady
Category Archives: NC Politics
Terry Van Duyn has finally won an election. In 2012, she ran for Buncombe county commissioners in District 3 and lost miserably, coming in dead last out of 4 candidates. She’ll be filling the seat of the late Senator Nesbitt (NC-49) for the rest of what remains of his term. Here’s Van Duyn on the campaign trail in April 2012. She was Occupy Monday before it was all the rage:[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9niuHGq5HIs]
Van Duyn wasn’t a shoe-in however, because it took three rounds of voting to get a majority… Continue reading
Moral Monday is running out of steam locally, so it’s been taken on the road and into the den of Big Labor in Wisconsin. Barber needs reinforcements. From “Isthmus.com” with emphasis added: Rev. Barber spoke on Thursday night at Bethel Lutheran … Continue reading