Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- #DM7 Article: The Common Core War Of Unicorns and Crawfish
- Is It Time To #OptOut In North Carolina?
- Hillary Clinton’s Positions on Education in 2008 vs 2015 (video)
- State-Led Myth Nuked By Duncan Himself: Opt Out and Fed Will Have To ‘Step In’.
- The Common Core Weekend Reads – 4-25-15
- Dear @TheBlaze and @GlennBeck, I Have a Scott Walker Question for You
- There are 203 Education Related Bills At The #NCGA (Updated)
- #WCPSS Proposed Budget: $1.4 Billion… Yes, Billion with a B.
- #NCed Legislative Update – 4-21/15
- Pearson Is Everywhere: Over 175k Opt Out of Pearson PARCC in NY
Past Musings from The Lady
Category Archives: Media Bias
Do North Carolina media outlets know how to Google? One has to wonder when articles they produce don’t include pertinent information — like arrest records. Continue reading
News and Observer Ed blog has an article up quoting Wake County Board member, Jim Martin, on the alleged ‘school to prison pipeline’. The article cites the group “Education Justice Alliance” as taking exception to Martin’s comments.
There’s a punchline to Martin’s comments and the subsequent dismay by the Education Justice Alliance. He and the Wake School Board invited this ‘school to prison pipeline’ of attack in. Keep reading, you’ll see why.
Apparently BEST NC’s PR firm, EducationNC, isn’t high profile enough to get the right amount of spin out.
The News and Observer had to be called in to do a cloying op-ed praising them. It starts out slapping around Republicans and then offers BEST NC as the solution. Read it here and be sure to check out the comments.
This op ed, of course, is setting the stage for when Rep. Graig Meyer rolls out his ‘big bill’. It is more narrative driving of education by a non-governmental organization or NGO.
BEST NC is an NGO; An unelected and publicly unaccountable entity.
KEEP READING Continue reading
This morning, I saw a tweet from BEST NC promoting an article at their PR Firm, EducationNC:
The first of @GraigMeyer’s 3-part series on education reform in #NorthCarolina is on @EdNC. Click here to read it: http://t.co/EgUJJVzFrk
— BEST NC (@BESTNCorg) March 18, 2015
SAS backed outfits promoting a series by a Rep. introducing a bill based on their work. Cozy. #nced pic.twitter.com/aYud2h6XRY
— LL1885 – A.P. Dillon (@LadyLiberty1885) March 18, 2015
Oh good three whole articles. This first one is titled, The ongoing search for real common ground in education. I can summarize it for you:
KEEP READING… Continue reading