Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- #DM7 Article: The Clinton Core Standards”
- EPIC: DoD Collecting Sensitive Student Data
- The Common Core Weekend Reads – 4-19-15
- Pearson Is Everywhere: Dumped By LA School District
- WRAL Finally Includes The “Who” Behind The Fast Food Protests
- Pearson Is Everywhere: Pearson and Gates Edition
- NC Academic Freedom Alliance Event – April 18th
- #DM7 Article: GOP Primary Challengers Rise In NC
- The Common Core Weekend Reads – 4-12-15
- Al ‘Resist We Much’ Sharpton Lends Us His Extensive Academic Experience On Common Core Tests
Past Musings from The Lady
Category Archives: Err What?
Recently a sighting of a ‘noose on a tree’ outside the student union was reported by ‘a student’ at Duke University.
The report from this student came at 2 am on April Fools Day. What was this ‘student’ doing at the student union at 2 am?
I located the original tweet made by one Justin Elliott – the time stamp says “1:58 AM – 1 Apr 2015″:
KEEP READING… Continue reading
Do North Carolina media outlets know how to Google? One has to wonder when articles they produce don’t include pertinent information — like arrest records. Continue reading
I recently visited a second-grade classroom in North Carolina and watched a fabulous teacher help kids understand the concept of the number “55.” She used 12 addition and subtraction examples to show kids how many different math equations get you to 55.
She showed them how you can use five buckets of tens and five buckets of ones. Or you can use 11 buckets of fives — or six “fives,” two tens” and five “ones.” She taught these second-graders to think logically and to explore how many ways you can get to an answer.
It was thrilling to see them working in teams and when they found the answer, yelling out, “I get it.” If they can get it, we can all get it. – Former Gov. Bev Perdue, Hechinger Report
Shorter: Isn’t Common Core great!?!?
Yeah, Bev, great. Great by how overly convoluted it is and how badly it confuses our kids. I can’t wait to see the kids doing this stuff now hit complex concepts in algebra and geometry and try to make ‘buckets’ to figure it out. Continue reading