The Latest from The Lady
- #DM7 Article: It Begins: Common Core Syndrome
- DPI’s Atkinson Unleashes Fear Mongering Rhetoric On Vouchers
- SHOCKER: Volunteer Arrestee Found Guilty
- Romeike Family Asylum Update – SCOTUS Orders DOJ To Respond
- #DM7 Week 2: The New Tone Of Common Core
- New Indictment Against James E. Dutschke for Second Frame Attempt
- It’s That Time Of Year Again – Annual Blog Vay-Cay!
- He Who Controls The Data, Controls The People?
- Mayor of Crazy Town Updates: You know what’s gonna happen…
- Albuquerque: A City’s Historic Vote on a 20 Week Late Term Abortion Ban
Past Musings from The Lady
Category Archives: Liberals Gone Wild
I’m technically in a blog break, but some things are just too incredible not to write about.
Case in point, NC Superintendent June Atkinson’s recent remarks about vouchers. The partisan rhetoric and over the top, fear mongering language are just stunning. Emphasis below is mine.
WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – North Carolina Superintendent of Public Instruction June Atkinson offered a pointed critique of the state’s new voucher law during a stop in Wilmington Thursday.
“With the voucher legislation that we have we could be in dangerous territory as far as taxpayers’ dollars going to private schools,” she said prior to speaking to the N.C. School Boards Association’s Public Policy Conference. “There is nothing in the legislation that would prevent someone from establishing a school of terror.” Continue reading
In case you missed it, my Magnificent 7 article from last week at Da Tech Guy can be found here.
Those of us engaged in political debate know the term ‘new tone’. We’re used to seeing the hyperbolic, vitriol packed statements from legislators, talking heads and the like. Seeing people called racists, bigots, terrorists and worse have increasingly filled the airwaves and have been pounded out into articles and blogs all over the internet. Sadly, this is par for the course when it comes to political debate. I’ve been subjected to various incarnations of new tone in my time and have come to dub such attempts as ‘shutuppery‘ — as that is really a truer connotation of what these tactics are about; getting the opposing opinion to shut up. Continue reading