The Latest from The Lady
- SHOCKER: Volunteer Arrestee Found Guilty
- Romeike Family Asylum Update – SCOTUS Orders DOJ To Respond
- #DM7 Week 2: The New Tone Of Common Core
- New Indictment Against James E. Dutschke for Second Frame Attempt
- It’s That Time Of Year Again – Annual Blog Vay-Cay!
- He Who Controls The Data, Controls The People?
- Mayor of Crazy Town Updates: You know what’s gonna happen…
- Albuquerque: A City’s Historic Vote on a 20 Week Late Term Abortion Ban
- Magnificent 7 Debut Post Now Up!
- Bombs Away, Just #Askkay
Past Musings from The Lady
Category Archives: ladyliberty
There is an update in the Romeike Family Asylum case. The SCOTUS has ordered Eric Holder’s DOJ to respond to the petition from Home School Legal Defense Association’s (HSLDA) who is handling the Romeike case. The family is from Germany and have requested asylum from the United States on the grounds they are being persecuted for homeschooling their children. More background on this story can be found at the links below the story or at Washington Times.
The U.S. Supreme Court ordered Attorney General Eric Holder on Wednesday to respond to the Home School Legal Defense Association’s (HSLDA) petition on behalf of the Romeike family, a German home-schooling family that fled to the United States to avoid persecution just because they home schooled their children. Continue reading
In case you missed it, my Magnificent 7 article from last week at Da Tech Guy can be found here.
Those of us engaged in political debate know the term ‘new tone’. We’re used to seeing the hyperbolic, vitriol packed statements from legislators, talking heads and the like. Seeing people called racists, bigots, terrorists and worse have increasingly filled the airwaves and have been pounded out into articles and blogs all over the internet. Sadly, this is par for the course when it comes to political debate. I’ve been subjected to various incarnations of new tone in my time and have come to dub such attempts as ‘shutuppery‘ — as that is really a truer connotation of what these tactics are about; getting the opposing opinion to shut up. Continue reading