Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
The Latest from The Lady
- Another Day, Another N&O Shill Piece
- #CommonCore: You Know You’re Winning When Opposition Asks How You’re Doing It
- Six One Seven Scrubs All Accounts Of ‘Grandpa’ Common Core Video
- #NCSPIN On Test Scores And ‘Lowering The Bar’ (Video)
- Lawfare Over Illegal Immigrant Children In NC Schools
- PAC Shenanigans in #NC41?
- #DM7 Article: The Unintended Transparency Of Obama’s DOJ
- Don’t Like Common Core? You Must Be A Cranky Elderly Veteran…Or Something.
- Chamber Watch: US Chamber’s ‘Leaders and Laggards’
- ‘Average Teacher’ In Hagan Ad Tied To BluePrintNC
Past Musings from The Lady
Category Archives: Constitution
What is the recourse available to the states and citizenry when the United States federal government has grown out of control? How do the people rein it in?
A Convention of States. Continue reading
Prayers before town meetings and public session has been challenged in a few states, including North Carolina. The recent ruling in Town of Greece v. Galloway shouldn’t go unnoticed; make your prayers mean something. Exercise your right to pray.
From Alliance Defending Freedom: Continue reading
“The White Privilege Conference”. You read that headline correctly. Here’s a sample of what was presented, including teachers promoting political activism in the classroom to combat racism and their ‘white guilt’ and the continued smear job of the Tea Party by noted far leftist, Leondard Zeskind. Oh and yes, there are ties to our own racist decrying, defacto leader of the NC Democrat party, Reverend Barber.
The following is a guest post by reader Darren Davis. This is not a paid submission and may not necessarily represent the views of LadyLiberty1885.com. It is an opinion article. Inquiries or submissions from readers can be sent to TheLL1885@gmail.com
The Way the Media Manipulates the Way We Think About Guns
By Darren Davis
America is at war right now. There are people that are fighting tooth and nail to deny our right to the 2nd Amendment. There is no way we can deny that there has been an abundance of violence lately. We have the shooting in Aurora, the Sandy Hook Shooting, the shooting of Trayvon Martin, the list goes on and on. As tragic as these events are, the media seems to be looking at things the wrong way. By doing this, we have legislators that are actually suggesting that we place limits on our right to bears arms. This reaction is heavy-handed and isn’t going to solve the actual problem. Continue reading