Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- GUEST POST: Phoolish Pharma Phunded Phaux Health Crisis Leads to Phascism
- How Does Rep. Craig Horn Define Proficiency and Rigor?
- Pearson Is Everywhere: Who Writes These Tests, Anyhow?
- #NCGA Bill Proposing Sales Tax Changes Sounds Like Obama’s “Fair Share”
- #SB480 Would Block Politicking In Schools. NCAE and Progress NC’s ‘AimHigher’ Hardest Hit?
- Alamance Elections Board Sued Over Handling of Public Records Requests
- Consolidation of Ed Data Continues With McCrory Proposal To Move DNPE
- Parents, Have You Read #SB346?
- Invasive Student Health Assessment Bill Already In #NCGA Senate
- “Great Leaders” Bill Is Just BEST NC’s “Vision”.
Past Musings from The Lady
Category Archives: Education
How does Rep. Craig Horn define ‘proficiency and rigor’?
According to Horn’s press release yesterday, the definition is tied to how well our state scored on a flawed system (NAEP) that is not benchmarked to international standards and to a manipulated grading system which is being manipulated even further with two separate NCGA bills.
KEEP READING…. IT’S WORSE THAN YOU THINK. Continue reading
Welcome Back to another installment of Pearson Is Everywhere!
Last time, we talked about the The ‘Turn Around’ Schools Program. Today, we’re taking a look at job opportunities at Pearson. In particular, test writers. Continue reading
Senate bill 480 seeks to limit the political activity of school officials, administrators and teachers on school campuses.
News and Record hilariously quotes ‘just a Spanish teacher’ Todd Warren and omits his occupying, socialism, Moral Monday arrest and involvement with the NCAE’s protest arm, Organize 2020.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
The Governor’s new budget proposes to move the Department of Non-Public Schools under his office’s purview.
All your kids are belong to us, @PatMcCroryNC? #nced #ncgov “Budget proposes moving DNPE into Governor’s Office” http://t.co/28C3DYus5P
— LL1885 – A.P. Dillon (@LadyLiberty1885) March 26, 2015
KEEP READING — THERE’S MORE… Continue reading
Earlier today, I wrote about the proposed changes to required Health Assessments for students in North Carolina. This article is related — it is about SB 346 (Enact Stricter Immunization Requirements). This bill has worrisome changes to current statutes regarding vaccinations for students in North Carolina.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading