Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- Sen. Barefoot Introduces Bill to increase “Geographic Diversity” on Wake Board of Commissioners
- Judge Denies James Everett Dutschke’s Motion to Set A Side Sentence
- Where ASRC Member Ann Clark Was During The January Meeting
- Pearson Is Everywhere: PISA 2018
- What If They Threw A People’s Grand Jury And No One Came
- #DM7 Article: The Smarter Balanced Connections
- About That ‘Twitter Debate Study’ WaPo And Twitchy Cite
- Video: Parents In FL Shut Down When They Criticize Curriculum
- REMINDER: Public Comment Deadline on APUSH is Feb. 28
- Rep. Foxx Is Dead Wrong on H.R. 5 (Update: So Is The Blaze)
Past Musings from The Lady
Author Archives: Liberty Speaks
The American Federation of Teachers of New Mexico (AFT-NM) and the National Education Association of New Mexico (NEA-NM) have announced the ‘United Voices for our Students rally’ in Santa Fe on February 16th as part of a Moral Monday March.
Both organizations have expressed stern opposition to the new teacher evaluations and high stakes testing of students that feed into the evaluations. The AFT-NM and NEA-NM have both filed petitions and lawsuits against the reforms.
There is common ground with these two groups that anti-common core advocates have already embraced. The OPT-OUT movement which, opposes high stakes testing, is spreading across the U.S. at a very fast pace. Coalitions of parents, educators, teacher unions and medical professionals, regardless of political party, have joined the fight to eliminate the K-12 high stakes testing.
However, it is the Moral Monday banner this rally is flying under that could derail and muddy the issue in New Mexico.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
I read a status update on Facebook the other day that a close personal friend of the family had posted. It read: December 4th, 2014 : Currently inside a military medical treatment facility watching FOX news when … Continue reading
In 1995, Director Bryan Singer brought the gritty, twisted, and intelligently devised film The Usual Suspects to the screen, introducing us to the elusive character “Keyser Soze”. Throughout the film, the plot continuously reinforces Soze’s status and identity as legendary, … Continue reading