Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- Dear @TheBlaze and @GlennBeck, I Have a Scott Walker Question for You
- There are 203 Education Related Bills At The #NCGA (Updated)
- #WCPSS Proposed Budget: $1.4 Billion… Yes, Billion with a B.
- #NCed Legislative Update – 4-21/15
- Pearson Is Everywhere: Over 175k Opt Out of Pearson PARCC in NY
- Parents, Are You Watching Data Collection Expansion Bills #HB401 and #HB767?
- Gee, A Little Heavy Handed With the Common Core Love @EducationNC?
- #DM7 Article: The Clinton Core Standards”
- EPIC: DoD Collecting Sensitive Student Data
- The Common Core Weekend Reads – 4-19-15
Past Musings from The Lady
Author Archives: Liberty Speaks
The video of an alleged “Pro-ISIS panel at UNM” has sparked more than a few fires since it went viral online. I had a few questions of my own regarding the entire incident that took place on April 1st.
After my article ISIS Panel at University of New Mexico was published, I did get some partial answers.
One of the questions from my article was about 45 minutes of video missing from the UNM Muslim Student Associations panel on ISIS.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
A video has surfaced of an ISIS panel that took place on the University of New Mexico Campus. The panel was sponsored by the UNM Muslim Student Association for Islamic Awareness Week . (click here for link to schedule) There … Continue reading
Personal Note: While Jester has been busy taking down Twitter Jihadists and getting back into the swing of things after his “retirement/sabbatical”, Time Magazine was compiling the 30 Most Influential People on the Internet list! Guess who made Number 3… … Continue reading
The American Federation of Teachers of New Mexico (AFT-NM) and the National Education Association of New Mexico (NEA-NM) have announced the ‘United Voices for our Students rally’ in Santa Fe on February 16th as part of a Moral Monday March.
Both organizations have expressed stern opposition to the new teacher evaluations and high stakes testing of students that feed into the evaluations. The AFT-NM and NEA-NM have both filed petitions and lawsuits against the reforms.
There is common ground with these two groups that anti-common core advocates have already embraced. The OPT-OUT movement which, opposes high stakes testing, is spreading across the U.S. at a very fast pace. Coalitions of parents, educators, teacher unions and medical professionals, regardless of political party, have joined the fight to eliminate the K-12 high stakes testing.
However, it is the Moral Monday banner this rally is flying under that could derail and muddy the issue in New Mexico.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading