The Latest from The Lady
- Large District Superintendent’s Clique’s Letter to Pearson
- Occupy Monday – Tennessee Edition
- The NC Supreme Court Races
- Common Core Conflicts Of Interest from Massachusetts to NC
- Carville Wants Jeb To Be GOP Nominee?
- #DM7 Article: Biden On The Loose: Voter Expansion Project
- Why Does Buncombe School Board Hate Kids?
- Tampon Earring Aficionado Joins Wake Forest Faculty
- NC Schools ‘Tools For Learning’
- Rise Of New Media In North Carolina
Past Musings from The Lady
Author Archives: ladyliberty1885
The NC Large District Superintendent Consortium (NCLDSC) has a beef with Pearson and Powerschool. In a letter I obtained through a FOIA on the NCLDSC, it would seem Pearson’s Powerschool is not well thought of by the Large District Clique.
From that FOIA, it would seem that this Large District clique is working closely with NC New Schools and BEST NC. Both of which have promoted the Common Core or have ties to the NC Chamber of Commerce’s attempt to drown out parents on the topic– Hire Standards. More on that later, back to Powerschool.
According to the letter, the reps from Pearson have been rude and the NCLDSC is asking for “no charge” for the 2014-15 school year “as a good faith investment in our long-term partnership”. Continue reading
Well, as Common Core and the high stakes testing controversy heats up nationwide, more calls for accountability and of conflicts of interest emerge. We’ve seen Oklahoma Governor Fallin be called out for her dual role with the National Governors Association. This time in Massachusetts.
North Carolina has a similar conflict, as our State Superintendent of Education also serves as President Elect of the CCSSO – one of the two trade organizations responsible for Common Core and who hold the copyright on the standards. Continue reading