Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Hit The Lady’s Tip Jar!
The Latest from The Lady
- #DM7 Article: The Common Core War Of Unicorns and Crawfish
- Is It Time To #OptOut In North Carolina?
- Hillary Clinton’s Positions on Education in 2008 vs 2015 (video)
- State-Led Myth Nuked By Duncan Himself: Opt Out and Fed Will Have To ‘Step In’.
- The Common Core Weekend Reads – 4-25-15
- Dear @TheBlaze and @GlennBeck, I Have a Scott Walker Question for You
- There are 203 Education Related Bills At The #NCGA (Updated)
- #WCPSS Proposed Budget: $1.4 Billion… Yes, Billion with a B.
- #NCed Legislative Update – 4-21/15
- Pearson Is Everywhere: Over 175k Opt Out of Pearson PARCC in NY
Past Musings from The Lady
Author Archives: ladyliberty1885
This is a reposting of my weekly Da Tech Guy column: The Common Core War Of Unicorns and Crawfish Continue reading
In New York, 190,836 students opted out of the state’s Common Core ELA aligned test.
The Opt Out rate at Nathan Hale High school in Seattle, Washington for the SBAC test was 100%.
The entire 11th grade glass didn’t show up.
There is test dumping going on In Jeb Bush’s Florida. Miami-Dade, which is the fourth largest school district in the nation, has just announced cutting the state assessments to the bone, including end of grade assessments or EOG’s in elementary schools.
So where is North Carolina in the Opt Out Movement? Do Parents know the EOG is Common Core aligned?
KEEP READING — SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING IN OUR STATE ON TESTING Continue reading
In case you missed it — Hillary Clinton came out defending the Common Core while on the campaign trail last week.
Clinton was attempting to ‘listen to average Iowans’.
Maybe she should listen to herself… from 2008. Continue reading
One of the most prevalent myths perpetuated by Common Core supporters is that Common Core was or is state-led.
Duncan State LedNational Review Online (NRO) picked up that myth and applied it to the Secretary of Education’s recent ‘threat’ to parents who are opting their kids out of the Common Core tests.
NRO also picked up on Duncan’s statements being translated into an attempt to mobilize minority communities to defend Common Core and the tests — because… Civil Rights, you racists. Continue reading