Here are your marching orders: Take back the Senate in 2014.
There are 33 seats involved in the 2014 cycle. 20 Democrat seats and 13 Republican seats are up for reelection. This list is subject to change and will be date stamped. Here’s the breakout (below).
- Hot races are in Red.
- At Risk in Green.
- Once we have all the challengers, I’ll likely replace this list and link to an excel chart instead.
- As of this update all candidates have declared they are running except for: ME, MI, MISS, SD. Retirees are not included in this list.
- Last Updated: May 30, 2013
DEMOCRATS (20 seats)
- Max Baucus (Montana) – Retiring Challenger: Champ Edmunds (R), Corey Stapelton (R)
- Mark Begich (Alaska)
- Chris Coons (Delaware)
- Richard Durbin (Illinois)
- Al Franken (Minnesota) Challenger: Mike McFadden (R)
- Kay Hagan (North Carolina) Challenger: Dr. Greg Brannon (TP) Thom Tillis (R)
- Tom Harkin (Iowa) – Retiring Challenger: Bruce Braley (D)
- Tim Johnson (South Dakota) – Retiring Challenger: Mike Rounds (R)
- John Kerry (Massachusetts; Special Election: Mo Cowan) - Challenger: Ed Markey (D)Gabriel Gomez (R)
- Mary Landrieu (Louisiana) Challenger: Bill Cassidy (R)
- Frank Lautenberg (New Jersey ) – Retiring Challenger: Cory Booker (D)
- Carl Levin (Michigan) – Retiring Challenger: Gary Peters (D)
- Jeff Merkley (Oregon)
- Mark Pryor (Arkansas)
- Jack Reed (Rhode Island)
- John Rockefeller (West Virginia) – Retiring Challenger: Shelley Moore Capito (R)
- Jeanne Shaheen (New Hampshire)
- Mark Udall (Colorado)
- Tom Udall (New Mexico)
- Mark Warner (Virginia)
- Seat Vacated in Hawaii – Sworn In: Brian Schatz Challengers: Brian Schatz (D), Colleen Hanabusa (D)
REPUBLICANS (13 seats, Hot races in Red, at Risk in Green)
- Lamar Alexander (Tennessee)
- Saxby Chambliss (Georgia)* – Retiring Running: Paul Broun(R), Jack Kingston (R)
- Thad Cochran (Mississippi)
- Susan Collins (Maine)
- John Cornyn (Texas)
- Michael Enzi (Wyoming)
- Lindsey Graham (S. Carolina) - Challenger: Richard Cash (R)
- James Inhofe (Oklahoma)
- Mike Johanns (Nebraska – Retiring)
- Mitch McConnell (Kentucky)
- James Risch (Idaho)
- Pat Roberts (Kansas)
- Jeff Sessions (Alabama)
Here is a list of Senate seats that will be part of the 2014 election cycle. Find your state and get to work. This post will be updated as challenger information is added or relevant information comes along, so bookmark it and come back to it as need be. It is imperative we take back the Senate, folks.
- 2014 Senate Race list – ElectoralVote.com
- 2014 Senate Race – Wikipedia
- Senate 2014 Seat List – Senate.gov
- Democratic seats at risk - Moe Lane
- At the Races - Roll Call
- Twitter Accounts of Candidates up for Reelection – Conservative Chat
NOTICE: The News Links portion of this article has been moved to a separate post HERE. The news links will be date stamped when updated.