Mitt Romney ate Barack Obama’s lunch last night.. and then also drank the President’s milkshake.
I went to bed grinning. Clint Eastwood’s shtick at the RNC was an Omen. This was Romney debating an empty chair. This morning I got up and this greeted me on Facebook as I logged in:
IowaHawk wins Twitter again:
Remember when they found out about Milli Vanilli? Yeaahhp. Pretty much that.
— David Burge (@iowahawkblog) October 4, 2012
Yes, let’s put up a tribute song:
I’ll likely be posting a separate piece with more video and highlights later on as they become available. O.k., so let’s hit the links!
Full Transcript: Presidential Debate Transcript: Denver, Colo. Oct. 3 – ABC News
- Breitbart: Romney Schools Obama on How the Economy Works
- The Hill: Romney lands punches against subdued Obama in first debate
- Daily Caller: Obama: ‘I have become fond of this term Obamacare’ [VIDEO]
- Daily Caller: On Dodd-Frank, moderator cuts off Romney, sets up Obama
- Daily Caller: Obama silent when Romney criticizes green energy tax breaks
- Daily Caller: Romney, Obama, sharply disagree on role of government
- GWP: Mitt Romney Slams Obama: “You Don’t Just Pick Winners and Losers, You Pick Losers” (Video)
Live blogs from last night:
- Vodkapundit: Drunkblogging the First Presidential Debate
- Jim Treacher: I’m liveblogging the debate for some reason
Suicide Watch For The MSM:
Chris Matthews is unhinged right now yells: “Where was Obama tonight!”
— Andrew Kaczynski (@BuzzFeedAndrew) October 4, 2012
— Lady Liberty 1885 (@LadyLiberty1885) October 4, 2012
- Daily Caller: Obama surrogates can’t spin a win after presidential debate
- Washington Examiner: Bill Maher thinks Obama lost the debate, needs a teleprompter
- Andrew Sullivan: Live-Blogging The First Presidential Debate 2012 More: Twitter / sullydish: I am bored silly by Obama. If I am bored silly by this wonkish lecture, and his refusal to rebut specifics, i.e. lies, he’s in trouble.
- Breitbart: Andrew Sullivan: Obama May Have ‘Lost the Election Tonight’
- Daily Caller: Carville: ‘Mitt Romney came with a chainsaw’
- Mediaite: James Carville On CNN: Romney ‘Had A Good Night,’ While Obama ‘Didn’t Want To Be There’
- RCP: Chris Matthews Freaks Out At Obama: “What Was He Doing?”
- Instapundit: CHRIS MATTHEWS IN POST-DEBATE MELTDOWN: “We have our knives out! We go after the people and the facts! What was [Obama] doing tonight — he went in there disarmed!”
- Newsbusters: Dem Debate Meltdown: Stumbling Obama Surrogate Speaks Of ‘President Romney’
- Nice Deb: Liberal Spin: Romney Bullied Moderator, Dominated the Time – The Truth: Obama Talked 4 Minutes Longer
- GWP: Dejected Libs Ed Schultz & Rachel Maddow on Obama’s Debate Performance: ‘I’m Disappointed’ (Video)
- Politico: Obama’s Stephanie Cutter knocks Lehrer
- Twitchy:Shell-shocked David Axelrod gets snippy with CNN’s Candy Crowley
- Weasel Zippers: Biden After Debate: “I Hope You Saw What I Saw”
- Weasel Zippers: During Post-Debate Spin Session Obama Surrogate Refers To “President Romney”
- Weasel Zippers:Video: Tingles Has Post-Debate Meltdowns
- Twitchy: Jim Lehrer panned as ‘replacement ref’ of debate moderators
- The Blaze: AP Fact Check Highlights Obama, Romney’s Debate Missteps, Mistruths
- Giuliani Slaps MSNBC’s Chris Hayes around for extra measure:
The Reaction of Viewers/Polls:
- CNN: Most watchers say Romney debate winner
- Reason.com: CNN Poll: 67 Percent of Debate Watchers Say Romney Won
- Twitchy: Undecided voters in focus group swing sharply toward Romney; Frank Luntz: ‘I’ve never seen anything like this’; CBS post-debate poll shows big win for Romney
- Hot Air: Romney wins; Update: CBS insta-poll shows decisive Romney victory; Update: Romney crushes Obama in CNN insta-poll
- CBS: CBS News instant poll: Romney wins first presidential debate
The Blogs & Pundits:
- Instapundit: Ouch. Yeah, Romney was channeling Reagan. Obama was channeling Biden.
- Jonah Goldberg: There Went the Boom
- Michelle Malkin: Denver debate: Romney took control
- The PJ Tatler: Knockout: Mitt Romney Crushes Barack Obama in First Presidential Debate
- Powerline: It’s Over
- Bob Owens: How bad was Romney’s beat-down of Obama tonight?
- The Other McCain: MITT ROMNEY WINS FIRST DEBATE
- Jim Treacher: My recap of last night’s presidential debate
- DaTechGuy: Demoralized as Hell: Why Mitt Romney Won tonight
- Daily Caller: George Will: Romney stopped GOP demoralization ‘in its tracks tonight’ [VIDEO]
- Daily Caller: Krauthammer: Romney ‘won by two touchdowns’ Video here.
- Ace: The Mile High Massacre
- Ace: The Mile High Massacre: Post-Massacre Pictures Emerge
- Doug Ross: Larwyn’s Linx: The Mile High Massacre
- Moe Lane: #rsrh Well. THAT was brutal. #denverdebate — “Romney Won. LIKE A VIKING.”
- Althouse: Drudge calls attention to Obama’s stance during the debate.
- Lonely Conservative: Presidential Debate 1 Wrap Up – Romney Won
- GWP: Sarah Palin Rips Obama for Not Having TelePrompter at Debate (Video)
- Legal Insurrection: Best Tweets of the First Presidential Debate
- Washington Times: PICKET: Michael Moore to Obama – ‘This is what happens when u pick John Kerry as your debate coach’ (Tweet Link here)
Key Tweets (in link format since there are MANY):
- Twitter / iowahawkblog: Remember when they found out about Milli Vanilli? Yeaahhp. Pretty much that.
- Twitter / @StephenKruiser: I see POTUS prepped by reading his ’08 DNC acceptance speech. #debate #WTF
- Twitter / Heminator: That wasn’t a debate so much as Mitt Romney just took Obama for a cross country drive strapped to the roof of his car.
Tweets from My Feed In close to chronological order from here down:
- Twitter / LadyLiberty1885: Income drops 4300 a family – “economy tax” – #denverdebate
- Twitter / LadyLiberty1885: Hubby predicts ‘5 boys’ reply from Romney will get ‘coded racist comment’ from the MSM. #DenverDebate
- Twitter / TPCarney: “Jim, this is your commander in chief speaking. You may want to move onto another topic.”
- Twitter / DLoesch: Love that Romney looked at Lehrer and said he’d end PBS subsidies. Epic. #DenverDebate
- Twitter / jasonejohnson31: @LadyLiberty1885 I like Big Bird but I refuse to borrow money from China to subsidize it. Love it! #teamromney
- Twitter / LadyLiberty1885: “It’s on the website you can look at the numbers” – Because I don’t know them and can’t recite them here. #DenverDebate
- Twitter / MichelleFields: Hahah, yes. Romney to Obama: “but you’ve been president for four years”
- Twitter / michellemalkin: “I don’t wanna kill jobs in this economy.” – Romney hammering Obama again. #brutal #DenverDebate
- Twitter / LadyLiberty1885: Romney displaying command of the numbers and facts. Obama trying to use slogans and campaign ads to reply #DenverDebat
- Twitter / LadyLiberty1885: Hubby says he can’t watch because he’s sure the President is going to cry. #DenverDebate
- Twitter / LadyLiberty1885: @mkhammer Neither is Obama. Romney is driving. #DenverDebate
- Twitter / DLoesch: Romney just ran right over Lehrer. #DenverDebate
- Twitter / LadyLiberty1885: Romney hits Obama on Dodd Frank #DenverDebate
- Twitter / DLoesch: “It’s been 2 years, we don’t know what a qualified mortgage is!” – Romney on Dodd Frank #DenverDebate
- Twitter / LadyLiberty1885: Oh dear. Someone remove sharp items .RT @NolteNC: Andrew Sullivan Declares Obama Debate Performance a ‘Calamity’ — http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/10/03/Live-Blog-First-Pres-Debate …
- Twitter / ByronYork: Who knows more about Dodd-Frank, Mitt Romney or Barack Obama? Answer pretty clear.
- Twitter / NolteNC: How dumb for Obama to set himself up for a counterpunch by bringing up RomneyCare. Like Romney won’t be ready.
- Twitter / NoelSheppard: Romney just totally destroyed Obama on ObamaCare and RomneyCare. Destroyed him.
- Twitter / BenHowe: Dude, Obama is killing himself right now on death panels. Romney’s answer should be: The prosecution rests. #debate
- Twitter / LadyLiberty1885: Mitt is eating Obama’s lunch AND drinking his milkshake. #DenverDebate
- Twitter / LegInsurrection: OMG, Romney winning it big time on Decl Independence and Constitution
- Twitter / DLoesch: Romney accurately says that education should be a state level issue. #DenverDebate
- Twitter / LadyLiberty1885: Debate over. You’ve lost Maher. RT @billmaher: i can’t believe i’m saying this, but Obama looks like he DOES need a teleprompte
- Twitter / LadyLiberty1885: This debate, ladies and gents, is a model ex. of the diff between an elitist faculty lounge type & a real world businessman. #DenverDebate
- Twitter / tonykatz: Is it askling too much for the President of the United States to look Romney in the eye? Is it really that difficult? #denverdebate
- Twitter / DLoesch: #DenverDebate RT @BenHowe: This $90 billion factoid should be a drumbeat till Election Day. “What can you buy with $90 billion?” #Debate
Update: Thanks to The Other McCain for linking!