This morning we all woke up to the news that not only was our Egyptian embassy attacked, but our Libyan embassy was as well. In Libya, the Ambassador has been confirmed killed during the attack and reports are now that three others are also dead. The attacks in Libya are being blamed on Muslim outrage over an Anti-Islam film that has been circulating since July.
This violence over freedom of speech is beyond outrage and highlights just how screwed up the Middle East truly is — and our own government who’s first reaction was to condemn the attacks, delete that condemnation and then re-condemns the attacks via an apology for insulting Muslims. This is beyond disgraceful. There are now also warning being issued for possible attacks in Algiers. (Update: Add Tunisia to the list, as well as Morocco, Sudan and Kuwait )This is what “smart diplomacy” looks like. Obama sends out the other Clinton to do his dirty work: Hillary Clinton Condemns Mohammed Movie
@iowahawkblog this presidency started with an apology in Cairo & looks like its ending with an apology in Cairo
— Richard Orzechowski (@R_Orzechowski) September 12, 2012
I won’t apologize and I agree with Krauthammer:
The media is really disgusting on this. We have Americans who are dead as a direct result of President Obama’s actions (and inaction) in the Middle East and they’re busy making sure the fan is blowing the shit at Romney and not Obama. I had an exchange on Twitter that exemplified the Left and their love of calling us names in the face of real tragedy. (Update: Check out the audio/video Right Scoop has where a CBS reporter and an unidentified are coordinating their question for Romney.)
TWO PATHS, People.
I have compiled many links to these events (below) and this list will be updated as I get more, so stop back.
Please start with these before hitting the other links:
- The Second 9/11: Today will go down in infamy as the day our government became our enemy
- How Obama Radicalized the Middle East: Favored Islamists Over Secularists – The Timeline
- Have We Ever Sunk So Low?
- Egyptian faux-rage, deadly American dhimmitude, and the return of Islamic Rage Boy
- Timeline of attack on US consulate in Libya
Instapundit has the best collection of links – there is much more in these links than the tag lines I am posting. I urge you to go visit each of them:
- JOHN LEO: Those Mealy-Mouthed Statements From Our Cairo Embassy. Also, Althouse weighs in on the media straining to defend Obama.
- MITT ROMNEY: “I’m outraged by the attacks on American diplomatic missions in Libya and Egypt and by the death of an American consulate worker in Benghazi. It’s disgraceful that the Obama Administration’s first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks.”
- “SMART DIPLOMACY:” @Fault: Besieged U.S. Embassy #Fails Its Twitter Defense.
- COMPARISON: Tehran (1979) vs. Cairo (2012). Remember when people thought that electing Barack Hussein Obama would make the Arabs love us?
- SAY, IS MATT DRUDGE TRYING TO SET UP SOME SORT OF HISTORICAL RESONANCE HERE?
- Protests turn violent outside U.S. Embassies in Egypt, Yemen Protesters storm US Embassy in Yemen
- Palestinian Spring Under Way in West Bank
- Cairo’s 9-11 Protest Included a Who’s Who of Radical Islamic Thugs – Including Al-Zawahiri’s Brother
- President Obama tells Las Vegas crowd, ‘We had a tough day’
- Report: Egyptian Intelligence Warned of Embassy Attacks as Early as Sept 4
- Obama offers to meet with new Egyptian President Morsi
Original Post Updates from 9/12/12 are below:
- Libya: Muslims burn down U.S. consulate and murder one American in rage over film insulting Muhammad
- President Obama silent while US Consulate in Libya burned; Update: Romney calls Obama’s response ‘disgraceful’
- US Embassy in Cairo quietly deletes its ‘we stand by our condemnation’ tweet; Update: More deleted tweets!
- Libyan officials: US ambassador killed in attack
- Unconfirmed graphic ‘death photos’ of US Ambassador Stevens circulating on Twitter
- ISLAMISTS DRAG DEAD BODY OF US AMBASSADOR THROUGH THE STREETS OF BENGHAZI!
- State Department officer killed in attack on US Consulate in Libya, following Egyptian protest at US embassy
- “Two U.S. Marines sent to Benghazi when the clash erupted were shot and killed by well-armed protesters.” says @CBSNews
- 9-11-12: US Embassies Attacked, FOUR American Dead, Obama Team Slams Romney
- US Drones Being Deployed Against Libyan Insurgency in Benghazai
- US officials say 2 warships moving toward Libya
- 15 Photos Of Libyans Apologizing To Americans (sort of)
- Cairo protesters scale U.S. Embassy wall, remove flag
- Egyptians take down on the American Flag at US embassy and raise black flag of jihad, State dept apologizes
- US Embassy in Cairo defaced with pro-Osama, anti-Semitic graffiti; Protesters chant ‘I am a terrorist’
- Sarah Palin Rips Obama: ‘Apparently President Obama can’t see Egypt and Libya from his house.’
- Krauthammer to Egyptian Protesters: ‘Go to Hell’
- Jimmy Carter Redux: US Embassy stormed in Egypt
- Photo: Egyptian rioters were wearing Guy Fawkes masks
- Video: Egyptians Storm U.S. Embassy in Cairo
Media, Dhimmis & The White House Apology:
- Libya: there is good reason to ban the hateful anti-Muhammad YouTube clips
- White House apologizes for previous apology for making Not All Muslims kill US citizens on the anniversary of 9/11
- Obama’s July 7 Statement on Libya: We’ll Help Establish Security
- The Politics (Ugh, Yes, the Politics) of the Attacks on the US Diplomatic Posts in Benghazi and Cairo (personally disappointed in Tapper on this one)
- MSNBC host: Hey, let’s prosecute Jones as accessory to ambassador’s murder
- MSNBC Commentators: DoJ Should Prosecute Americans Who Made Anti-Muslim Film
- Priorities! 4 dead, personnel evacuated from Libya and Obama hits Vegas, baby!; Updated
- All of You Who Harshly Condemn Anti-Homosexuality Religious Beliefs, Take Note