THE FRIDAY FOCUS
The Godless Anti-Semitic Party of Tax Payer Funded Abortion Edition
This Democratic National Convention was downright depressing, if not outright horrifying. The speeches were flat, the messages were 1984-esque and the ugly under belly of the Democratic Party was exposed for all the world to see – unless you were watching MSNBC, ABC, CBS, or CNN. Perhaps that last part was both the rock bottom and the turning point of this election since voters across the country saw the holier than thou mask of the Democrats fall on live television.
I think a summary of the feel of this convention would be ‘Demoralized as Hell‘, as DaTechGuy would say. The Breitbart headline is also apropo: Obama, 2008: ‘Yes, We Can!’ Clinton, 2012: ‘No One Could Have’.
Back at CPAC, Andrew Breitbart said this election is the choice between two paths. I’ve been reminding people of that statement often (here and here for example). I’ve seen that same theme show up in both Conventions. Last night President Obama said in his speech, “It will be a choice between two different paths for America.” (Related: Romney responds before Obama finishes speech)
Yep. One way is Obama’s way, which boils down to bigger government, more entitlements, less freedom with more government intrusion in our lives, more deception and lies and not just a promise of even bigger debt, but a FACT of bigger debt. His way is Occupy, but in suit. Sounds awesome… yeah, even Occupy says no thanks. (Related: Occupy DNC ends in flames )
Obama’s speech reflected the tone of the convention: miserable.
Transcript and video of Obama’s speech are here. It was flat, full of demagoguery and the same promises we’ve heard over and over, more empty platitudes, a lot of class warfare, blame assignment and of course, he needs more time. It was not inspiring in any way, save motivating one to vote him out. I felt rather patronized at times listening to him.
A lot of people we underwhelmed by Obama’s speech. Maybe that’s because it could have been any other speech he’s given in the last 4 years.
Links on Obama’s Speech:
- OBA-MEH: Krauthammer Pans Obama’s Speech: “He Gave One of the Emptiest Speeches I’ve Ever Heard…(more at link)
- Composite acceptance speech
- Althouse: Live-blogging Day 3 of the Democratic convention.
My own musings from this convention:
The Useful Links:
- Charlotte Convention Motto: We Made This Possible
- DNC Video: “The Government Is The Only Thing We All Belong To”
- Democrats Start Convention By Going Crazy
- THE PARTY OF TED KENNEDY . . . PARTIES LIKE TED KENNEDY!
- Debt clock hits $16 Trillion as DNC celebrates Hope and Chair 2012
- Dems platform backs gay marriage, abortion rights
- Democrats Boot God, Jerusalem From Convention Platform Update: Amidst boos, DNC reverses position on God and Jerusalem Related: Obama Regime Again Refuses To Name Capital of Israel
- Ellison reacts to Jerusalem reference in party platform
- Democrats Celebrate Ted Kennedy, Mary Jo Kopechne Unavailable For Comment
- Most “Open and Accessible” Convention in History Requires Photo ID and Quashes Conservative Media Access at DNC
- Fact-Checking Clinton’s Medicare and Welfare Reform Lies
- No sign of convention bounce for Obama: Reuters/Ipsos poll
- NBC, others cut off Archbishop Dolan’s pro-life prayer; viewers revolt
- Charlotte meteorologist puzzled by Obama speech move indoors
- President Jimmy Carter DNC Speech at Democratic National Convention
- Transcript: Sandra Fluke’s Address to the Democratic National Convention
- Warren Speech: Hit in San Fran., Miss in Mass.
- #CHINLEADING: Eva Longoria Speech At 2012 Democratic Convention: I Don’t Need A Tax Break.
- Literally, The Text of Biden’s Remarks to the Democratic Convention Related: In DNC speech, Joe Biden ‘literally’ lambasted on Twitter
UPDATES: Linked by Zilla - Thanks!