Chicago Warzone Update: 3 Dead, 20 Wounded

The death toll in Chicago now stands at 270.

The Chicago Sun-Times Reports:

Three men are dead and at least 20 other people wounded from gun violence across the city since Friday night.

The weekend’s first fatal shooting happened in the 400 block of North Austin Boulevard, after a man intervened in a domestic argument between the suspect and a woman, police said. The suspect left to get a handgun, then returned about 12:50 a.m. on Saturday and opened fire, striking the man and two other people.

Akil Partee, 19, of the 5900 block of West Lake Street was dead at the scene, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office. A 29-year-old man was shot in the abdomen and was in critical condition at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood. A 20-year-old man was shot in the buttocks and taken in fair condition to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County. Authorities think the gunman may have shot the men from a light-colored vehicle.

Another man died after he was shot in the abdomen in the 4200 block of North Milwaukee Avenue at 1:46 a.m, police said. Pablo Hernandez, 41, of the 3500 block of South 60th Court in Cicero, was pronounced dead at Masonic at 3:37 a.m., according to medical examiner’s office.

About 6 a.m. on Saturday in the 4500 block of South Wood Street, a 37-year-old man was shot by a man he had apparently been in a fight with earlier in the morning, police said. The other man returned to the scene with a semi-automatic handgun and fired several shots at the victim, police said. The victim was taken to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County, where he was pronounced dead, according to police. The shooting may have been gang-related.

At least 18 other people were hurt in shootings on the South and West Sides since about 8 p.m. Friday evening. Most were in stable condition, but five people remained in serious or critical condition late Saturday morning.

Related Posts:

Dear Gun Control Hysterics

Chicago Warzone Update: Two 16 YO’s Dead, 4 Wounded

Chicago Warzone Update: 1 Dead, 5 Wounded

Chicago Warzone Update: 9 wounded overnight

Chicago Warzone Update: Release of Low-Level Prisoners

Chicago Warzone Update: 12 and 14 year-old girls shot on South Side

Chicago Warzone Update: 12 More Shot Overnight

Chicago Warzone Post-Fourth Of July Update: 5 Dead, 21 wounded

Chicago Warzone Update: 15 People Shot

Chicago Warzone Update: 5 more dead, 8 injured

Chicago Violence Continues: 3 dead, 26 wounded

The War In Chicago Continues (Updated)

144 Solders vs. 228 Civilians

The War In Chicago

About these ads

About ladyliberty1885

I'm a Conservative minded mother and wife living in the Triangle area of NC. I began writing in 2009 via my LadyLiberty1885 blog. My writing can also be found at DaTechGuy, StopCommonCoreNC.org, TheConMom and at WizBang, among others. I participated in Glenn Beck's Common Core Call to Action, "We Will Not Conform" at the PR/Messaging table in July, 2014. I also write science fiction novellas that are, as of yet, unpublished and dabble in other genres from time to time.
This entry was posted in Acts of Violence and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.