What do you write about something you can barely believe?
I have little to add to what is already out there. I’ve posted a few links on my Facebook page for LL1885, but have given little commentary. Unlike a lot of people out there in the blog and media world, I paid attention to the Tuscon and Anders Breivik feeding frenzy and the rush to judgment in both cases. I’m sitting tight until more comes to light about this guy. The one thing I will say: Brian Ross, you’re a monumentally irresponsible idiot.
I do have links I’ve collected. They are presented without comment save their ‘categories’, as the headlines for some of them speak for themselves. I applaud both President Obama and Mitt Romney for pulling their ads from Colorado today. Politics can wait a day, indeed. Many did not take that advice. * Updates to this post will occur as more information comes in.
The best source of information on this horrific event is via the local station KUSA 9 News Denver.
Update: July 21 – I’m having a hard time writing about this, I apologize for only posting links.
Naval Veteran Jonathan Blunk – 26
AJ Boik - 18
Gordon Cowden – 51
Jessica Ghawi - 24
Matt McQuin - 27
Micayla Medek – 23
Alex Sullivan – 27
Alex Teves - 24
Rebecca Wingo - 32
- Deadliest Mass Shooting in US History
- Mass Shooting at Colorado Movie Theater, 14 People Dead
- Suspect named James Holmes in custody, 12 dead in Aurora movie theater shooting
- AP: Holmes not cooperating, called self ‘Joker’
- Batman Massacre Suspect Told Cops He ‘Was The Joker’
- James Holmes: Colorado Shooting Suspect Was 24-Year Old With Very Few Digital Fingerprints
- Colorado shooting suspect struggled to find work, neighbor says
Statements & Press Releases:
- Press Conference: Aurora Police Chief Oats on today’s massacre in Aurora, Colorado
- Theater shooting: Statements from politicians on theater shooting
- Mitt Romney’s Remarks on Colorado Tragedy
- Obama Loons Chant ’4 More Years’ After His Prayer for Colorado Theater Victims (Video)
The Rush to Judgment:
- A 47-second primer on liberal bias, courtesy of Brian Ross and ABC News
- Brian Ross, media malpractice consequences: Falsely accused Tea Party member receiving threats
- ABC News’ Brian Ross Apologizes On Twitter For Tying Colorado Movie Shooting To The Tea Party
- Tea Party Member Falsely Accused By Brian Ross of Carrying Out Colorado Shootings Receiving Death Threats
- Twitter / AskJamesHolmes: I am not the James Holmes …
- Rush Limbaugh, Batman, and the Colorado shooting [Update]
- Occupy Black Bloc Member James E. Holmes Shoots Up Aurora Co Movie Theater
- Mayor Bloomberg: What Are Obama, Romney ‘Going To Do About Guns?’
- Bloomberg blasts politics on guns (video)
- Michael Moore Calls U.S. ‘Violent Nation’ in Wake of Shooting
- Roger Ebert links theater shooting to need for publicity, ‘insane’ gun laws
- Salman Rushdie: Second Amendment ‘Bane to America’
That’s just sick: