Virginia Man Accused of Attempting to Bomb U.S. Capitol in Suicide Attack
I’m surprised they didn’t try to call it “Workplace Violence“.
Nothing to see here, move along. No one was in any real danger — this time. This administration has proven time and again it wants to white wash and sanitize any Islamic terrorist threats in this country. The political correctness being thrust down our throats and those trained to protect this country by this administration is more than alarming.
From the DOJ Website, emphasis mine:
WASHINGTON – A 29-year-old man residing in Alexandria, Va., was arrested today for allegedly attempting to detonate a bomb in a suicide attack on the U.S. Capitol Building as part of what he intended to be a terrorist operation.
The charges were announced by Neil MacBride, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia; Lisa Monaco, Assistant Attorney General for National Security; and James W. McJunkin, Assistant Director in Charge of the FBI Washington Field Office.
Amine El Khalifi, an immigrant from Morocco who is illegally present in the United States, was charged today by criminal complaint with attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction against property that is owned and used by the United States. He made his initial appearance today at 4:15 p.m. before Judge T. Rawles Jones Jr. If convicted, El Khalifi faces a maximum penalty of life in prison.
The arrest of El Khalifi was the culmination of an undercover operation during which he was closely monitored by the FBI Washington Field Office’s Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF). The explosives and firearm that he allegedly sought and attempted to use had been rendered inoperable by law enforcement and posed no threat to the public.
“The complaint filed today alleges that Amine El Khalifi sought to blow himself up in the U.S. Capitol Building,” said U.S. Attorney MacBride. “El Khalifi allegedly believed he was working with al-Qaeda and devised the plot, the targets and the methods on his own.”
“Today’s case underscores the continuing threat we face from homegrown violent extremists,” said Assistant Attorney General Monaco. “Thanks to a coordinated law enforcement effort, El Khalifi’s alleged plot was thwarted before anyone was harmed.”
“This individual allegedly followed a twisted, radical ideology that is not representative of the Muslim community in the United States,” said FBI Assistant Director in Charge McJunkin. “He became known to the JTTF because of his stated desire to carry out attacks in the U.S., specifically, the U.S. Capitol building. This arrest is the result of dedicated special agents, task force officers and intelligence analysts from the FBI and our partner law enforcement agencies that make up the JTTF.”
At the very bottom of the post:
“The charges contained in the criminal complaint are mere allegations. As in any criminal case, the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.”
This guy is a terrorist. He should be charged as one, but we know how this administration likes to try terrorists like civilians and civilians like terrorists. They even try to temper the language of the charges. Read the whole thing and see what else this guy was up to. What unnerves me most is that for every one of these terrorists they are baiting and catching, there are likely twice as many they don’t have a handle on.
I’ve been keeping track of the ‘workplace violence’ since Obama took office. Here’s the list (below). Feel free to email me with any I might have missed.
- April 3, 2009 – Binghamton, New York – Naturalized immigrant Jiverly Antares Wong (aka Jiverly Voong) entered the Civic Center and shot a large number of people. Fourteen people were ultimately confirmed dead, including the shooter, and four were wounded. A Taliban chief claimed responsibility for N.Y. shooting massacre.
- May 20, 2009 – Bronx, New York – FBI arrest four Muslims in alleged plot to bomb Bronx synagogues and shoot down military aircraft from the Newburgh Air National Guard base. The leader was James Cromitie, also known as Abdul Rahman. He recruited the other three at Masjid al-Ikhlas mosque in NJ. The other three were David Williams (aka Daoud), Onta Williams (aka Hamza) and Laguerre Payen (aka Amin and Almondo).
- June 1, 2009 – Little Rock, Arkansas – Muslim convert Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad, know prior as Carlos Leon Bledsoe. Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad waged jihad when he opened fire with a rifle in drive-by shooting style on soldiers in front of a United States military recruiting office. He killed Private William Long and wounded Private Quinton Ezeagwula.
- July 7, 2009 – Raleigh, NC – Seven men arrested in the Willow Springs and Holly Springs communities in connection with a plot to commit ‘violent Jihad’ outside the US. Daniel Patrick Boyd (leader). Dylan “Mohammad” Boyd, 22. Zakariya Boyd, 20. Anes Subasic, 33, a Bosnian refugee and a naturalized American citizen. Mohammad Omar Aly Hassan, 22, a U.S.-born citizen. Ziyad “Jimmy” Yaghi, 21 , a naturalized American citizen from Jordan. Hysen Sherifi, 24, the only non U.S. citizen, a native of Kosovo, and a U.S. legal permanent resident. Jude Kenan Mohammad, 20, a U.S. citizen believed to be in Pakistan, has not yet been arrested.
- September 21, 2009 – NY and Colorado – The three men arrested: Najibullah Zazi, 24; his father Mohammed Wali Zazi, 53; and Ahmad Wais Afzali, 37. When authorities searched Zazi’s car, they found a laptop computer that contained a jpeg image of nine-pages of handwritten notes. The handwritten notes contain information regarding the manufacture and handling of initiating explosives, main explosives charges, explosives detonators and components of a fuse system. Though Zazi initially denied that the notes were his, he allegedly later admitted during interrogation that he had written them, and that he had attended an al Qaeda training camp in Pakistan where he received explosives training. If the account provided in the criminal complaint against Najibullah Zazi is accurate, the idea that he accidentally ended up with the notes on his computer is implausible: the complaint concludes that Zazi had e-mailed the instructions to himself from two separate accounts registered under false names. Zazi had connections to high levels of al Qaeda. Then there is the matter of the backpacks that authorities uncovered. The 7/7 attackers in London used backpacks to carry their explosives, and here “raids in New York led to the discovery of 14 new backpacks.” CNN reports that earlier in September, a group of Afghan men who have been connected to the alleged plot tried unsuccessfully to rent a U-Haul truck in Queens; alleged intent was on a larger scale than Oklahoma City.
- September 22, 2009 – Dallas, Texas – A 19-year-old Jordanian man, Hosam Maher Husein Smadi, was arrested on charges he intended to bomb a downtown Dallas skyscraper. Smadi placed what he believed to be a car bomb outside the 60-story Fountain Place office tower, according to a statement from the U.S. attorney’s office in Dallas. The decoy device was given to him by an undercover FBI agent.
- September 9, 2009 – Denver, Colorado – Najibullah Zazi, a 24-year-old Afghan-American tied to Al Qaeda, who was a shuttle driver at the Denver airport is indicted in New York on charges of conspiracy to use weapons of mass destruction. Zazi underwent weapons and explosives training at an al-Qaeda training camp in Pakistan in 2008. On September 9, 2009, he drove from his home in the Denver, Colorado, area to New York City, intending to detonate explosives on the New York City subway during rush hour as one of three coordinated suicide “martyrdom” bombings.
- September 24, 2009 – Springfield, Illinois – Michael C. Finton, also known as Talib Islam, a convert to Islam and a part-time cook at a fish and chicken restaurant, attempted to bomb the Paul Findley Federal Building and the adjacent offices of Congressman Aaron Schock in downtown Springfield, Illinois. Pled guilty on May 9, 2011 and was sentenced to 28 years in prison.
- November 5, 2009 – Fort Hood, Texas – Fort Hood massacre: Major Nidal Malik Hasan killed thirteen people while wounding thirty others. He was non-fatally shot and arrested and is currently being tried for these murders. It was discovered that Hasan had exchanged emails with Al Qaeda’s Imam Anwar al-Awlaki asking for spiritual guidance regarding violence. The Obama administration has labeled this incident at “Workplace Violence”.
- December 25, 2009 – Detroit, Michigan - The convicted bomber in the “Christmas Day bombing attempt”was 23-year-old Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab. He had concealed plastic explosives in his underwear but failed to detonate them properly, resulting in flames and popping noises.
- February 14, 2010 – Fort Worth, Texas – A car chase ends in two no-fly listees being arrested. Kimberly Suzanne Al-Homsi, 45, who is also known as Asma Al-Homsi, and Yasinul Alan Ansari, 18. They reportedly told police there was an “incendiary device” in the vehicle. She held up an inert grenade and threatened another driver. Garland’s bomb squad later found ammunition in her car.
- Feb 18, 2010 – Austin, Texas – Andrew Joseph Stack III, flying his Piper Dakota, crashed into Building I of the Echelon office complex. Stack and Internal Revenue Service manager Vernon Hunter were both killed. Thirteen others were injured. Stack left a suicide note blaming a laundry list of people and institutions, but most strongly blamed the IRS for his situation.
- May 02, 2010 – NYC - Faisal Shahzad, a 30-year-old Pakistan-born resident of Bridgeport, Connecticut, who had become a U.S. citizen in April 2009, attempted to set off a car bomb in Times Square. The bomb failed, luckily producing only sizzling and smoke, and was noticed by police and a street vendor. He was arrested two days later, after he had boarded Emirates Flight 202 to Dubai at John F. Kennedy International Airport.
- October 27, 2010 – Washington, DC - Pakistani-born terrorist Farooque Ahmed arrested for allegedly plotting to bomb Washington Metro stations at Arlington cemetery, Pentagon City, Crystal City and Court House. He was charged with attempting to provide material support to Al Qaeda, collecting information to assist in planning a terrorist attack on a transit facility, and attempting to provide material support to help carry out multiple bombings.On April 11, 2011 he was sentenced to 23 years in prison after pleading guilty to all charges.
- November 27, 2010 – Portland, Washington – Somali-born terrorist Mohamed Osman Mohamud, 19, was arrested at 5:40 p.m. Friday just after he dialed a cell phone that he thought would set off the blast at a Christmas Tree lighting, but instead brought federal agents and police swooping down on him. Mohamud was yelling “Allahu Akbar!” (Arabic for “God is great!”) as he was taken into custody.
- June 23, 2011 – Washington, DC – Yonathan Melaku, a 22-year-old Marine Corps reservist, who is a Muslim, is a naturalized US citizen originally from Ethiopia, as arrested for a series of shootings at military installations in the area. Video tapes of him yelling “Allahu Akbar” outside various locations was found. He was arrested by US Park Police last week with a backpack full of suspicious items.
- Sept 2011 – Washington, DC – 26 year old Rezwan Ferdaus was arrested by the FBI for plotting to use C4 and a remote-controlled model of the US Navy’s McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II to bomb the Pentagon and the US Capitol. Rezwan Ferdaus was also charged with supporting Al-Qaeda and plotting attacks on U.S. soldiers abroad, by making IED detonators.
- October 11, 2011 – Washington, DC – Two Iranian nationals Manssor Arbabsiar and Gholam Shakuri were charged on 11 October 2011 in federal court in New York with plotting to assassinate Al-Jubeir. The two planned to kill Al-Jubeir at a restaurant with a bomb and subsequently bomb the Saudi embassy and the Israeli embassy in Washington, D.C. The plot was named ‘Operation Red Coalition’ by the FBI.
- November 2011 – NYC – Jose Pimentel, a 27-year-old Muslim and native of the Dominican Republic, who as also known as Muhammad Yusuf, is a naturalized U.S. citizen. He plotted to explode several pipe bombs in the city of New York with his intended target being returning troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. His role model was Al Qaeda’s Anwar Al Awlaki.
- December 11, 2011 – Hollywood, CA – Tyler Brehm, age 26, yelled “Allahu Akbar” out his car window as he shot at people near Sunset and Vine. He wounded three people; one critically. He was shot and killed by police after a chase.
- January 9, 2012 – Tampa, Florida – Sami Osmakac, is a Muslim and is 25-years-old. He is also a naturalized American who was born in Kosovo. He planned a car bombing that would be followed by hostage-taking and the explosion of a suicide belt he planned to wear. The targets were night clubs and the sheriff’s headquarters in Tampa.
- January 26, 2012 – Raleigh, NC – Shkumbin Sherifi and Nevine Aly Elshiekh were arrested and charged with conspiracy to commit murder. The intended victims were witnesses in a Jihad terror cell trial. Elshiekh, 46, has headed the special education program at Sterling Montessori Academy and Charter School in Morrisville for nine years.
- February 16, 2012 – Washington, DC – Amine El Khalifi, an illegal immigrant Morocco and a Muslim, was charged with intent to perform a suicide bombing of the US Capitol Building. He has been linked to Al Qaeda as one of their operatives and intended to perform a “martyrdom bombing”.