These are the morning links for May 6, 2011:
Obama changed his mind and didn’t do a speech at Ground Zero. One might hypothesize he realized what poor taste the entire trip was, or just maybe a poor turn out to see him. I think the latter. Given the way he was treating those he did speak to, I can’t blame people for not showing. It was a big photo-op. Related: More proof of the egomania. Also, this doesn’t fit in the ‘Obama decisiveness’ narrative – CIA agent lived next door to Bin Laden for months.
Obama got a bounce in the polls – independent vote actually dropped. Related: Maybe that is because people believe Obama is a Socialist, or it could be they aren’t stupid and know this – “During Bush’s term, gas prices went down 9 percent, adjusted for inflation. Yet, preposterously, he was excoriated for allegedly colluding with “big oil” to drive up prices. When prices spiked later in his term, he took proactive steps to increase our supply and reduce prices, and they worked. But Obama has taken action to impede conventional energy sources and shove us into alternative ones. Even so, liberals ignore any possible causal links.”
Tax funded NPR hires lobby outfit to defend its taxpayer funding. What is it with progressives & the Left using our money against us?
- Dershowitz seems to be posturing he will sue to see the photos.
- Judicial Watch files FOIA request for OBL photos and video. If it’s anything like the other FOIA request this administration has processed, our grandkids might see them. Citizens United as also filed a FOIA.
- Claiming Fraud in A.I.G. Bailout, Whistle-Blower Lawsuit Names 3 Companies
This exists: Flash mob bandits. They apparently stole A LOT.
Earthquakes, tornadoes, fires and floods – Oh My! It would seem Ming the Merciless is playing with his weather machine a bit much these days. Parts of Memphis now being evacuated.
The ROPAT mayhem and murder roundup:
- What we’re learning from the files taken from the OBL raid: Al Qaeda planned to blow up trains on the 10th anniversary of 9/11. Hey wait, hasn’t Obama been pushing trains?
- Hezbollah (and Hamas) have camps in Mexico; infiltrating cities over the border. What was it Janet Napolitano was saying just a day ago – ‘our borders are safe’. Yeah. Everybody panic!
- Trying to erase his flip-flop for his supporters, Obama may prosecute the CIA agents who got him the ONBL intel. Jesus, this guy is a real piece of work.
- Al Qaeda in Somalia: Will kill Obama’s grandmother to avenge Bin Laden.
- Taliban in Afghanistan promise attacks in retaliation for killing OBL. I’ve supported our troops there and in Iraq the whole way, including the decision to send them there. Now it’s time we get them out.
- The DHS is the errand boy for CAIR. This is not good, people.
- Todd Beamer’s father: “Nothing Obama does now can ever wipe the slate clean of all the other anti-American, pro-Islamic policies he has put forth.”
- In France - Tunisian Illegal immigrants (All muslim, a double treat) attack riot police. Hmm – I bet we will see this kind of violence here from Illegals. Don’t forget it’s the Muslim Tunisians that were dumping the women overboard to keep from capsizing.
- Read these poll results. I find this utterly frightening that this many people are so blind.
“U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton warned Friday that global shortages of food and spiraling prices threaten widespread destabilization and is urging immediate action to forestall a repeat of the 2007 and 2008 crisis that led to riots in dozens of countries around the developing world.” 1. Blame your boss 2. The rest of us knew this would happen months ago and you’re supposed to be one of the ‘in the know’ people? Jeez. Related: Top groceries then and now
Jobless claims hit 8 month high. Your bounce is over, Mr. President. We have come full circle – where are the jobs?
Outrageous. 11 Republican Senators Permit Former Planned Parenthood Director to Become Federal Judge. I’m disgusted and the Republicans don’t seem to understand, November 2010 could have easily been about them and with a stunt like this, 2012 will be.
Michael Moore is a big, fat deather. His hypocrisy and contrarian stands know no bounds.
Here is your Laugh (or Cry depending on how you see it) for the morning:
Dennis Miller on the Middle East from 2003 (some NSFW language) – Funny, it’s as valid today as it was then: