These are the morning links for April 26, 2011:
As gas prices rise, Obama is looking to play pin-the-blame-on-the corporation. It couldn’t possibly be his own energy policy’s fault combined with unrest in the Middle East, cutting our oil purchases by 1/3 and keeping that drilling moratorium in place. Nah. Krauthammer has some thoughts on this as well, here. Also, it appears I may have found one of those villains for Obama — his pals, the EPA.
Peter King’s April 25th deadline to Holder on CAIR and the Holy Land Foundation case has passed. If we know anything about the Obama administration, they don’t care if the deadline has lapsed as Mr. Issa has found out multiple times now. It is clear to even a blind man that this administration has no regard for the law or the Constitution.
The Kloppenburg hits keep coming. She may have just violated the Judicial Code of Conduct.
Is there anything she can’t do?? Sarah Palin gets it right on the Fed.
Levi Johnston must be out of cash again and is taking another swing at the Palins with a ‘tell all book’. Can’t wait to see what Levi “Playgirl” Johnston lies about this time.
Kansas joins the ranks of the states now requiring photo ID and proof of citizenship to vote. The ACLU is screaming this is a “leap backwards”. Hey.. ACLU..How exactly is it a leap backwards for someone to prove they are eligible to vote? Or are you just worried Obama can’t provide proof this time to vote for himself? HEH.
IED’s now being found on bridges.…in the United States. What was that about the border being more secure than ever, Janet?
The ROPAT mayhem and murder roundup:
- From the ‘I told ya so’ file —Over half of Egypt wants to end peace with Israel.
- Spencer: Koran-Burning Pastor Jailed for Thought Crime
- Here’s some of that Change we were promised: 160 Gitmo detainees released, many of which pose significant threat to U.S.
- In Nigeria, the charred bodies of Christians burned alive by Muslims litter the roads. Graphic picture warning with the story here. Related: Nigeria trying the vote a second time, because the first one where the Christian won had to be wrong.
- Hijack attempt on flight from Paris to Rome thwarted.
- All Islamic school in Queens turning out nice little Sharia compliant kids.
- The German woman standing up to Islam has a friend in Denmark.
- Obama loves that Al Jazeera.
- A bus bombing in Pakistan by, yep you guessed it, Islamists.
Your Laughs for the Morning:
- Video of the protesters interrupting Obama at a fundraiser event in California last week.
- Obama’s Long Form birth certificate has a twitter account now.
Yet another reason Ron Paul won’t be President. Ever.
Yet another reason to love Allen West.
More of that Change we were promised: “A record 18.3% of the nation’s total personal income was a payment from the government for Social Security, Medicare, food stamps, unemployment benefits and other programs in 2010. Wages accounted for the lowest share of income — 51.0% — since the government began keeping track in 1929.” 2012 is too far away and maybe it’s just me but I feel like Obama is pulling some kind of auto-erotic asphyxiation tactic on the country… promises and platitudes that breathe a little air into us then a stranglehold maneuver, which he seems to be happy about.
WTF 2012 presents its strategy in a YouTube video featuring Jim Messina.
Overreach: FDA to regulate electronic cigarettes.
More states are seeing bigger gaps in pension funding. This should make for a lot more SEIU-Moveon.org circuses.